Saturday, December 12, 2009

Well today was a very frigid Saturday and it was nice to be able to stay in all day. Even though my joints were hurting I managed to do one load of laundry, clean the kitchen and make spaghetti sauce, and then I made homemade garlic bread in my Breadman machine. I couldn't wait to make a loaf of bread cuz I found a wooden bread slicer rack at the Hooks and Hangers Thrift Store on Thursday evening. Kathie had one at her house and I was completely unaware of what they were used for. Now I know. She mentioned that she got hers at the thrift store so I stopped in there with the main goal of finding one and GOD is so GOOD !! I found a nice little wooden one with a cute message on the front !!!! Here is a photo of it.

Isn't that neat !! The garlic bread didn't come out so great...but that's the story of my life.

After Jimmy got home and after we ate dinner I ran out to Target to get a few more gifts for Christmas and boy has that store changed for the worse. The toy area was horrible. Hardly any toys and they were out of order and just a mess. I have never seen OUR Target look that way.
Not much variety in toys either. They used to have a wonderful toy section. I guess when they moved the food sections in they reduced the amount of toys they would stock.

I am so glad to be home in a warm and comfy place with my family......I wanted to work on this early cuz I really need to be in bed soon if I am going to be at my Sunday School class on time.

Brianna will be in the Christmas Program again tomorrow morning and I will get to see her sing with the Childrens church !! She did well Friday night and hopefully tomorrow will be great also.

Be Blessed !!

1 comment:

  1. I have never been able to make good garlic bread in a bread machine... I don't know why that is. I like making the dough in there though! :)

    I agree with you about the lack of variety... It happened to Wal-Mart, too, when they went "super". I actually would rather go into a smaller store if I have the choice since they seem to be better stocked and maintained.

    (Btw, cute bread rack! Thrift stores rule!)

    ReplyDelete