Wednesday, December 30, 2009




So I thoroughly enjoyed another visit to my friend Kathies home on Monday. I arrived around noon and was fed a delicious lunch and then her daughter Sarah and I got busy making an apron. I couldn't use my sewing machine since it's broken (and not a very good one), so Sarah allowed me to make my apron using hers. She is a very patient and kind teacher. We downed an entire pot of good hot coffee first and then got sew happy !!

Kathie got a quick cooking lesson in also !! She taught me a very simple and Oh so tasty recipe for fried chicken from Paula Dean. It was really good. She may not think she is a good teacher but she really is very explanatory and makes sure I understand the process.

Brianna and Christian just made themselves at home playing and oddly enough Christian even tucked himself in on their comfy couch for an afternoon nap.

When the apron was just about complete we all packed into two vans and headed out to the Amish Bent and Dent store. Unique. No lights....and it was on the edge of evening so it was getting dark in the store. I used the light from my cell phone to light up some of the merchandise to read the labels. Cute store with a lot of variety. Some prices were much lower than walmart and some were same or higher. Thank goodness they had gas heat, that felt very nice on a cold day.
After making our purchases we were headed back home to finish up our sewing project. I think it came out beautiful !! How exciting !! With the help of Sarah, I made my own apron. I am excited to make my daughter a matching one as soon as I can get another sewing machine that works.


Tuesday I spent about 7 or 8 hours cleaning my house. Only got two loads of laundry done and the living room/dining room area cleaned. Oh and one bathroom. Just a very long day of hard work.

Wednesday I was in a lot of pain. Must be the wet weather headed our way. Didn't accomplish much at all. Just basic caretaking of the children and Brianna had a friend over for the day.
The kids did some baking today. Christian used their new mixer and loved it and Brianna and Raquel made some real cupcakes..... yummy.



This evening I made the chicken that Kathie taught me and IT TURNED OUT GREAT !!! Thank you Kathie for being so kind as to teach me how to cook good tasting meals for my family. I truly appreciate it.

<


I felt like I had a fever tonight. Just not feeling great. I hate pain days......maybe tomorrow will be better.

Be Blessed !!

1 comment:

  1. Mm! Looks good! :) I enjoyed our visit so much - I can't wait to get together and make Brianna's apron! (or a dress or whatever!)

    ReplyDelete