Sunday, December 20, 2009





Well my dreams for a white Christmas have come true !! Friday we began hearing reports of a rather large snowstorm headed toward our area. I was more than excited. I was not feeling well at all Friday so I laid in my chair most of the day before I forced myself up to make a trip to Walmart for food. Glad I did cuz the storm was a whopper. Got home unpacked food, and to my delight I got an unexpected visitor named Sarah who offered to come over and help me prepare meals for the snowstorm !! That was really nice. We had a fun time in my very small kitchen cooking up a storm. She gave me step by step instructions on making stuffed shells and homemade beefaroni. I think she should REALLY have her own show. She is personality plus !!We let Brianna do a lot of the work and she loved every minute of it. We also made up a Tastefully Simple dip and devoured it with some chips. The storm was getting really bad and when Sarah left I was concerned. She did end up getting stuck but thankfully her father came to her rescue.

Saturday we had a family day enjoying each other and watching the snow fall all day. It is so beautiful and bright with all the snow. I prepared a nice hot breakfast of pancakes, eggs, sausage and toast and after eating, I took the kids out in the snow for a while. It was really windy and we were in a blizzard status so we were not out long. The dogs love the snow....they get really excited to jump around and run in it. Brianna and Christian would stay out in the snow all day if I let them. Jimmy can't work in the weather so it's nice to have him home with us.


Saturday we enjoyed the good food that Sarah had prepared and boy was it delicious. Jimmy had double servings of each.....and he loved it. In the late afternoon I prepared a big pot of chicken and rice soup which turned out great and was really tasty but when it came to seconds......the rice had gotten mushy. Oh well.....practice makes perfect i guess. Saturday evening we watched some tv and played with the kids.




Sunday morning......no church due to cancellation for weather. We sang a couple songs and read a little out of the Bible. Jimmy made a great big breakfast and then he cleaned the entire kitchen up for me.......I love that. We watched some tv and then got into the bundling up mode. That took some time....for sure. Once we were all puffy and warm, we headed out for snow fun. First we cleared the vehicles off and then threw some snowballs around and next came the sledding fun. We have just a very small hill off our driveway which is the perfect size for little ones. Jimmy and I rode down together to pack it down. The kids had so much fun on it. It's gives me so much joy to see them laugh and smile. After about an hour their hands were frozen so inside we went. Stripped down just inside the front door and went down in the family room to get heat from the pellet stove. Oh that feels so good. Laid around most of the day watching football and eating stuffed shells. Had a couple very quick visits from Kyle. He looked good. I miss him so much. I am really sleepy now...so I am going to jump into bed and hopefully get some shopping done tomorrow just to finish up !!




Be Blessed !!




1 comment:

  1. Lol, I'm impressed that you can get out! Maybe it will inspire me to go hike out and dig out my own truck! :0

    ReplyDelete