Tuesday, December 8, 2009


So the sun was shining when we woke up and that's a good thing. Thank you God. Today is one of those days that I just could NOT get going. We did schoolwork and that's about IT. Sure I did the normal mom and kids thing all day, making meals, answering questions, playing neighbor with Bri and Christian etc....but as far as housework.....well lets just say I am another day behind on everything. My body hurts really bad lately and even my pain medicine is not helping. I have an appt soon to see the doc so I will see what he thinks. Maybe just the cold weather settling in??


Today we put the final touches on our tree. The first thing Christian did this morning when he opened his eyes was say, can we decorate our tree ?? I cracked up. He is too cute. Of course we had to wait for daddy to get home but I let him hang some things on the tree that had fallen off. The joys of letting little ones place ornaments on your tree. Most of the ones Christian placed on the tree were hanging on by a limb and most didn't make it through the night...lol.


For dinner I made homemade mac and cheese and hot dogs. I totally drew a blank once I got the pan on the stove on how to make the RUE....or cheese sauce so I txt Sarah to ask if she was with Maggie who I knew could walk me through it over the phone but Sarah was in bed early. So I was left to my own memory. NOT A GOOD THING. I melted the butter.....and then all of a sudden I pictured myself at my friend Kathie's stove, and saw her doing step by step.....it had to be God. I did it all right and it came out delicious. You know it was good when Jimmy piles two and three helpings on his plate.....going back for more and more. Normally he doesnt do that. He even commented that it was really good. So thanks to my new cooking friend I can make something really tasty. I had intentions to take a photo of the finished product but it went to fast....


We watched a family movie tonight. It was really cute. Dove approved of course. : ) It was called "Imagine That" and we all really enjoyed it.


After that the kids went to bed and I sat online for hours christmas browsing at different stores comparing prices....and checking freecycle every now and then.
My joints are hurting SO badly tonight. It's raining here tonight AGAIN....and that normally causes me to flare up.
Tomorrow I hope to wake up in no pain and be able to fully function and be very productive !! I want to make some homemade christmas gifts and do some baking....ok I meant to say TRY some baking...haha. Last cookies I made were more like hockey pucks but it can't hurt to try.
Be blessed !!

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh! I want to help with Christmas baking! I make great Christmas cookies and THE GREATEST peanut butter fudge. :) And I don't think any baking is going to happen around here with all the busyness... if you want another hand, let me know!

    ReplyDelete