Thursday, December 10, 2009

Today was a better day for me and I got the kids up and ready and we were out of the house by 11am. That's an accomplishment all in itself !! We took a ride to Leonardtown and stopped into a thrift store that I had never been in before. It was a lot bigger inside than it looked from outside. It was called Vintage Values. I found the perfect birthday gift for my sister Kari. Today is her 39th birthday and also my good friend Sandra's daughter Mariahs' 14th birthday !! Kari has a gingerbread theme going on in her kitchen and this little gingerbread man was too cute. I knew she would love it. She and I could go thrift storing everyday if we had the time and money.





I just love a good deal and this was definately that !! After the thrift store we went to the family dollar store for some cleaning supplies and then to McDonalds for lunch. The kids had so much fun in the playplace. I had fun chit chatting with other adults there. After that we went home and daddy took over. I left for my LONG drive to Waldorf to go Christmas shopping. On the way up the road I stopped at Hooks and Hangers thrift store and found a bread slicing block !! It is so nice and says "Our Daily Bread" on it. How great is that? Then I left and headed back up the road. I called my sister to see if she wanted to meet me at the Salvation Army and she said yes. We found a couple really good things there and I was able to give her the gingerbread man !!

Once we parted I went to Toys R Us for some major Christmas shopping. I walked around there for three and a half hours. My feet were hurting SOOOOOOO bad. I got a lot of things except for the one thing I went there for. Sold out !! Drove home late and God kept me awake. Thanks Sandra for the prayer. Now it's blog time and then nighty night for me. Everyone here is asleep !! Quiet time......thank you Jesus.

Be blessed !!


1 comment:

  1. I am totally completely obsessed with Hooks and Hangers... I am in there a couple times a week, at least 2/3rds of my wardrobe has come from there... I don't know what I'll do when I start my new job and I'm at the other end of town. :)

    ReplyDelete