Monday, December 14, 2009

So it's been a bit busy and I am finally settling down to the laptop to write down a few things. Today I had to run around and do a few freecycle pickups which turned out to be really great for me. The first pick up was a box of recipe cards. Betty Crocker !! Couldn't believe it....but this lady gave away a really nice box FILLED with wonderful recipes. They are really old from maybe 70's or 80' s but I don't mind. The box was even really nice.


So after picking up this great free gift we were off to the Dodge Dealership in Lexington Park to have my oil changed. The kids have fun there in the waiting room and I always enjoy a nice free cup of hot coffee. Jeff Thew is my service manager and they are excellent there. Always so friendly and helpful.

Next stop was off of Chancellors Run Road to pick up a (pooper scooper)...lol I had one before but Kaci chewed it up. So this one is really nice. A savings of 25 dollars !! I am so blessed. I love freecycle. I put our easy bake oven on Freecycle today and got no hits.....thats really odd. I will re offer again soon.

Tomorrow we are getting up around 5 am to leave for North Carolina to pick Kyle up and bring him home. He is at Camp Johnson down in the south end of NC and it's going to be about a 6 hour drive. UGH !! Well actually for us in the van it is going to be a 12 hour trip since we are only going to pick him up and come right home. What a long day but so worth it to bring my son home for Christmas !! Here is a picture of us before he left. I think he will be here till Jan 3rd.

I love my boy. He was not supposed to be coming home for Christmas but God is awesome and made a way for his class to be backed up which created an opportunity for the Marines to allow a bunch of these young men to go home and be with family for the holidays. What a mighty God we serve.

A friend of mine gave me a gift today. Her name is Dawn. I was so suprised to see this beautiful ornament for the Marine Corp. So nice and thoughtful of her and it was a great addition to our Christmas Tree !!


Lastly, the other day me and Brianna saw this video on you tube which cracked us up. We watched it over and over.....he is too cute. He is playing a ukelele. And he plays very well. He just doesn't speak any english so it's just really hilarious to watch him. You must find this on the web and take a look or two. He has several videos online....so just pick one and enjoy !!


Well pray for our safe travels tomorrow and be blessed !!



No comments:

Post a Comment