Wednesday, December 2, 2009

First Day

Well today is my first day to blog and I am pretty excited about it. I want to basically journal my life and the life of my family on here in lieu of scrapbooking. This is easier and less time consuming than printing out photos and cutting little pretty designs out of paper and then hand writing the words to each photo. I used to always say that I thought God should have put me on earth during the olden days (like Little House on the Prairie days). I love that lifestyle and the simple life back then. However when I think of all the hard farming work and the lack of conveniences that we now enjoy and the absence of today's technology, I quickly realize that God knew exactly what He was doing when deciding my birth era. I love information !! Sharing knowledge, gaining information, and discussing newsworthy stuff in general. Some people would call me nosey.



So today was a wonderful day !! I met a lady through Freecycle.org who is willing to teach me to cook and she is just lovely. Her name is Kathie. I love her. I went to her home today for about 6 hours to learn and fellowship with her. I felt right at home. I learned some really neat things today from her like how to make a basic white sauce, a cheese sauce, rice, roasting a chicken and a roast of beef and then she showed me how to make the most delicious gravy from the (essence) left in the pans !! We made beef gravy and of course chicken gravy. I am learning some cooking terms as we go. We then took leftover broths and meat and made two types of soup. What an awesome day. She was kind enough to send me home with LOTS of food and I fed my hubby some chicken soup before church. He loved it. Thank you Kathie for welcoming us into your home. It was a blessing to meet you and your children. I especially enjoyed the singing performances. Really beautiful voices and ON KEY !!
Praise the Lord for that.... A great day and I cannot wait to go back.

Came home, fed the fam, and left for church. It was pouring down raining and cold so I really didn't feel like going back out, being the homebody that I am, but I had nursery duty so I really needed to go. Once I got to church, Christian was the ONLY child in the nursery which means I could have stayed home. We are finally back home....and I am looking forward to another wonderful day tomorrow. I may try to get some grocery shopping done and make a roast and homemade gravy !!

Be Blessed !!

1 comment:

  1. So excited to see your blog! :) I knew you'd figure it out!

    ReplyDelete