Thursday, January 7, 2010

Okay it's been a while since I sat down to write here...and boy do i need it. Good therapy for me. Last night it snowed so its super pretty here. I love waking up to a beautiful white scenic view out of every window. It makes our home brighter.


I have a lot to catch up on ...starting with Brianna has really taken an interest in cooking. So the other day she asks if she can make us lunch. I was more than happy to let her. She used her new Paula Deen Cookbook for kids that mammaw bought her last year at Christmas. She made us a delicious homemade pizza. It was so good I had to take a picture of it since it's her first. She did it all by herself too.



I took Ky back to North Carolina this past Sunday. We left around 8:30 or 9:00 ish and had a very nice ride ALONE to his base. He slept for a couple hours but for the most part we got to talk and laugh and just be together which I miss so much. I love him so much it hurts. God gives us a love for our children that I cannot understand. It's so deep and unconditional and wonderful. Wish God gave us that kind of love for other people too. That is not so natural...lol We got a good laugh at some of the small towns in North Carolina and how really backward they are. WOW. I had no clue that people living only 6 hours away were that behind the times. Some towns were only a few streets long and their biggest excitment was a Handy Mart gas station. Oh my I would go nuts there. Anyways people are different and that is a good thing I guess.
We had the directions from mapquest and a GPS and still got lost. Their roads are not updated in the system I guess. We went an hour out of the way. I still have no clue where Camp Johnson is but we did find Camp LeJeune and called a taxi from there to come get him. I drove home alone. Took about 6 and a half hours....stopped for strong alert coffee around Richmond. I sang and cried most of the ride home. Partly missing Kyle and partly the music just gets to me. I am moved by music. Alone time in a car is really nice.

Back to school and we are getting back into the groove of studying after a long holiday break. Bri writes about God in her daily journal and Christian has a dry erase wipe board that he traces his alphabet letters on. He wants to be in school too !!

Tuesday I had a Dr appointment in Waldorf......I hate that drive. Dr. Leon has a lot in store for me. X-rays, and surgery, and bloodwork and prolotherapy ....I will be busy the next couple months with all that. I pray my back will finally feel better after the new prolotherapy treatments and after my surgery I won't have to walk around with this large hernia in my belly. Getting old is so much fun. Too much dancing when I was younger I guess has now taken it's toll on my body.

Thursday I went to my friends house to make a new church dress for Bri. So much fun. Sarah had make some yummy beefaroni (homemade) and after that we got to work. She is my instructor for sewing and gets help from sister Anna and mum too !! They are like sewing experts...(in my eyes anyways). The dress came out beautiful and Bri loves it.









Thank you Sarah, Anna and Kathie for your loving patience and expertise. I want to go back really soon to do more cooking !!
Last night I made a matching purse with leftover material and today I am making a slip. So today is Friday and I am in some pain but not too bad. I will not do too much in the house today. Trying to figure out the elastic part of the slip and waiting for Sarah and Ruthie to come over to play..... Life is good. Enjoy every minute of it.

Be Blessed !!

No comments:

Post a Comment