Monday, January 11, 2010




Today was a great school day !! While Brianna was excited that she got an A on her math test and her spelling test, I was excited that she did well on her reading comprehension. We had a good day and of course Christian wants to be in school as well so he sat down to work on tracing the alphabet letters. Pretty good work for a three year old. He is such a good boy.



So another big excitement for me today was receiving a free sewing machine and table. A girl on freecycle gave it away !! Its an older table that could use some resurfacing work on top and the machine is a really old Sears Kenmore model. It had all the original paperwork with it and extra needles and other things that I haven't fully investigated just yet. Jimmy went to pick it up for me since it was heavy and when he brought it through the front door I happened to be cooking dinner. So I quickly snapped two photos for my blog and I will get acquainted with the new machine later tonight.
I cannot believe the things I have received from free cycle. It's truly amazing to me. I have given lots of things myself...mostly clothing but it is truly a blessing to use this site and save the landfills. Of course if I can't get the machine to work properly I will have Dr. Kathie take a look at it. She is my resident genius when it comes to sewing machines...lol.


Since the top is kinda messed up I may just sand it down and paint it a nice color to fit into the living room/dining room atmosphere.

















Our dinner tonight was baked Chicken and homemade mac and cheese and corn. The dinner was delicious. Jimmy love it !! Means I am getting better at cooking. I spent a couple hours today cleaning the toy area.....and its still a complete zoo minus the live animals...lol. We also began the fun process of taking the tree down. Most all of the decorations are meaningful or homemade so we have to be extra careful taking them down so as not to break/tear any. Now I will have the entire corner back....yippee for space !!!!!!!!!!!!! I could really use some organizational help here. A lady at my church offered to come help me but I am too embarrassed for her to see the mess. Anyways, tomorrow I will work some more on the toys and try to catch up on the laundry!! We are watching a movie now so I will end this for today. Stay warm. Supposed to snow tonight again !!!

Be Blessed !!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tracey, I've been following your comments on facebook. Sounds like you are doing spring cleaning early.

    The machine looks like a good sturdy version. I think you will like it. We can do anything with it since you have the manual.

    We are home from church today...all with headcolds. Feel miserable.

    I, too, used to have trouble leaving comments on blogs. I had to sign in with my google account. It took 100 tries...I finally got it to work...but I'm not sure what I did to make it work.

    Have a restful Sunday,
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete